Saturday, November 13, 2010

Reading Wrap

This was the first real knitting project I'd ever done for myself.  It's a reading wrap with a couple of pockets to hold Kleenix or a cell phone on those rainy or winter afternoons when you are curled up in your favorite chair with a good book.  You can also use this when you are only wishing you were curled up in your favorite chair with a good book.

I based the wrap off a free Lions Brand Yarn pattern (check out their website...it's chock full of free patterns) but altered it a bit to look like a picture I saw in a magazine.  This is a very easy knitting project, great for a beginner.

I used Lion Brand Homespun in 'Meadow'.   I used 3 skeins yarn on 10.5 needles (but had a 4th skein on hand just in case!)  Cast on 60 stitches and do the first inch in a garter stitch then knit the rest in a stockinette stitch until the piece is 59 inches long then knit the last inch in garter stitch.  Knit two pockets in a garter stitch and sew on to the wrap.  Voila!  You are ready for romance...or non-fiction...or a mystery...or whatever makes you happy.   And believe me, this wrap along with a rainy day and a good book, will make you very happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment