Sunday, November 14, 2010

Muffin Says Lovin' Like My Toaster Oven

Ok, let me just say how much I love my toaster oven.  Which in and of itself is pretty amazing because I'm kind of neutral on the whole kitchen appliance thing (although if you try to touch my Kitchen Aid mixer, I will hurt you).  Yeah, while I have the standard coffee maker, toaster...all those things that supposedly make your kitchen complete, I still rebel at some things.  Electric can openers?  Puh-leeze.  The old crank ones work just fine and I can pop that baby in the dishwasher if need be.  So when my husband suggested we get a toaster oven, I scoffed.  But then I got to thinking about it.  There's just the two of us now so there's no need to heat up the big oven for just a couple of small things.  So I bought one (in red of course) and we use it all the time.  The main problem is I like to make muffins from those little muffin packages (I highly recommend the Mayberry's Finest brand Peach Cobbler) on Sunday mornings but I didn't have a 6 cup muffin pan and couldn't find one in the stores.  I did, however, have these cute little red silicone cupcake cups I bought from Pottery Barn that I never used.  One day, the light bulb came on.  Use the cups in the toaster oven.  Duh!  I just line them with the paper cups and I don't have any messy cleanup (trust me, cleaning those little ridge are a pain)!
Oh, and I almost forgot...a few days after I figured out my muffin dilemma, my daughter and I went to the city to do some Christmas shopping and sure enough, I found a 6 cup muffin tin.  But I'm sticking with the red cupcake cups...not only am I finally getting some use out of them but they also take up much less storage space.

No comments:

Post a Comment