Monday, November 1, 2010

Knitting Needle Roll

Since I don't do projects every day (hey, some of us have to work for a living), I thought I would catch up with past projects I've completed this past year.

This is a little project I completed back in May.  Sort of a little Mother's Day present to myself.  I'd had been wanting something to store my knitting needles in for some time but didn't like the look or feel of the knitting needle cases sold in the stores.   I had seen some knitting needle rolls on the internet but being the frugal mom that I am, I couldn't bring myself to pay that kind of money for something I could make myself.   So I began to search for a pattern.

I searched the pattern books at Hancock Fabrics when they had their .99 cent pattern sale and the internet for free ones.  Luckily, I found a couple of great tutorials on the internet.  And it was free!  Mom likes free. 

http://lupinbunny.blogspot.com/2007/02/needle-roll-tutorial.html

http://www.wikihow.com/Sew-a-Knitting-Needle-Roll-Up

My finished project was kind of a hybrid of the two links but either one will give you get the basic idea.  The only thing I regret is that I didn't use the red checked fabric as the background piece at the top.  I decided to use the red checked after I'd cut out the background piece and didn't want to waste it.  I should have wasted it.  Lesson learned, children, some times being too frugal is not a good thing.

Even so, I'm still happy with how it turned out and it's very handy.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment