Sunday, December 19, 2010

To Infinity and Beyond!

Infinity scarfs are all the rage now.  (Does anybody still use that 'all the rage' phrase anymore?  What the heck, I just had my 55th birthday yesterday so I'm getting to an age where I don't give a rip what anyone thinks.  But I digress.)

This one was extremely fast and easy to do.  I knit mine using Sensations Angel Hair yarn (bought from Jo Ann fabrics on sale for $4.99 a skein).  It's indescribably soft and with a 22% wool content, very warm. 

Using size 11 needles, cast on 20 stitches and knit each row (garter stitch) until piece measures about 37 inches long or you have enough yarn left to cast off and sew each end together to make a large loop.

That's all there is to it.  A trifecta when it comes to beginner knitting projects...easy, practical, and stylish.   

1 comment:

  1. I'll take one in any color, please :) I love this! But I don't knit. So I bought one on etsy for a friend for her birthday.

    ReplyDelete