Sunday, May 15, 2011

Knit Diagonal Baby Blanket

Finished this easy and quick to knit baby afghan this afternoon.  I used 4 skeins of Red Heart Baby Clouds yarn, size 15 needles, and a free Red Heart baby blanket pattern.  I used bamboo needles although I had some trouble with the knobby texture of the yarn.  It probably would have been better to use aluminum needles but I like the feel of the bamboo. 

I bought the yarn for this project before we knew the gender of the baby.  It's white with pastel flecks but apparently the baby's daddy thought the pink showed up a bit more predominately, hence the baby blue onsie in the picture. Daddy doesn't want his boy to be confused with a girl.  That wouldn't be appropriate for the future quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment